Monday, May 19, 2014

Feed (Newsflesh trilogy, book 1)

I usually stick to nonfiction but every once in a while, I like a good work of fiction.  Feed definitely hit the spot!  It has zombies, politicians, bloggers, and a really good story.  I read this (over 500 page) book in just a few days.  The characters are well developed and the story is just plan fun to read!

Feed tells the story of three bloggers who are going to be following a presidential candidate around.  It happens to be post-Rising, in a world where regular humans have to avoid 'the infected', the name given to the zombies that roam the earth thanks to an infection.

Not only do you get a little taste of politics, but you also get a look at the bloggers and how they are organized in this new world - the newsies, the irwins, and the fictionals. I don't want to give away too much, but seriously, if you're looking for a good read, give this a try!

I've added the other two books to my reading list.  And you can bet the next time I'm ready to read a good work of fiction, I'll know just where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment