Monday, July 29, 2013

Ollie Chandler Collection - Randy Alcorn


Randy Alcorn is a great Christian writer and this series is no exception! The three stories are all page turners, full of mystery and suspense, but with a few wonderful christians in each story. The stories are full of wonderful messages about hope and God and heaven. The characters are well developed and very human. I love that the people are very real. Not all of them are perfect christians that have it all figured out. Some of these people need real help and guidance. I enjoy the stories, especially the glimpses from both heaven and hell. I also love that the some of the same characters show up in each of these books (besides Ollie Chandler, of course).
I can't wait to pick up my next Alcorn book! He has a real talent.
I wanted to add a little in this review on Dominion. I just finished reading this one as the Trayvon Martin case came to a close. I have to say that Dominion gave me a really fresh way of looking at race relations and really helped me (as a white woman) understand a little more how much subtle discrimination that black people face every day. I really appreciated all the time spend in Clarence's head and all the talks he had with various characters in the book on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment